Friday, June 14, 2013

TUESDAY HOT SPOT NEWS

As I noted earlier, Will and I are bowling in the Hot Spot league at Albany Bowl on Tuesday nights. I will be out of the state from June 22nd through July 10th so I'm going to need a sub in Hot Spot and Mike Rocha Trios.

Eli agreed to sub for me for the three weeks I will miss in the Tuesday Hot Spot league (June 25th, July 2nd, and July 9th).

I will miss only one night of Mike Rocha Trios at Castro Village Bowl. That will be June 27th. We don't bowl on July 4th and I will be back in time to bowl on July 11th.. Dietrich Skidmore who bowls with Will and I in Hot Spot has agreed to bowl for me on June 27th. Dietrich also bowls at Castro Village. He averaged 199 in the Reno Gamblers league this season so that's the average he will use when he bowls in my place in Mike Rocha Trios.

A few words of warning to Eli -- don't bring a bunch of aggressive balls to Albany Bowl. I'd say you won't need anything more aggressive than your Vibe and your Blue Hammer. Maybe bring something stronger just in case but definitely expect to bowl on lightly oiled or dry lanes. By the third game, you might be using your Hammer spare ball for strikes. Maybe we can get over there for some practice before I leave town.

1 comment:

  1. We need to do something about that team name in Hot Spot. Strike Force is about as generic and overly used as can be. I think nearly every league in America has a team named Strike Force. Can we change it to something creative or unusual?

    When I saw Will's shirt with President Obama pictured on the front and back, I thought, "We could call ourselves Obamarama." No? How about Free A Gents? Maybe something goofy like Burning Sensations or Team Redundancy Team?

    ReplyDelete