Thursday, June 6, 2013

HOT SPOT AT ALBANY BOWL

Will is bowling in the Hot Spot summer league at Albany Bowl on Tuesday nights. When one of his teammates dropped out unexpectedly Monday, Will called me to see if I'd be interested in taking his place since I work nearby.

I decided to give it a shot. I hadn't bowled in a league at Albany Bowl since the early 80s. The league looks pretty good, with thirty teams. One thing I wasn't prepared for was the extremely light oil on the lanes. The three balls I brought in were way too aggressive and my shots were sailing past the headpin.
The Motiv Ascent Solid

After the third frame, I ran out to my truck to get my Motiv Ascent Solid, a ball desgined for light oil. From there, everything was fine. I shot 213-195-232 (640). Will shot a 232 in the first game but as the lanes broke down, he experienced the same difficulties I had. It was a struggle to find a ball that would work for him on the dry conditions. He finished 232-174-161 (567).

Clearly, league bowling at Albany Bowl is going to require some additions to the arsenal for extremely light oil conditions. I ordered a Motiv Ascent Pearl that I hope to have ready by next Tuesday. Will is looking for another ball, too.
The Motiv Ascent Pearl

I'm going to be out of town from June 23rd to July 10th so I will need someone to sub for me on June 25th, July 2nd, and July 9th. I will have everything paid in advance. Eli, maybe you can stand in for me for those three weeks.

I will also need someone to bowl for me in the Mike Rocha Trios on June 27th. We're not bowling on July 4th and I will be back to bowl on the 11th. If either of you has a teammate from another league that would like to bowl for me that night, bring him on. He won't need any money. I will have that night paid in advance also..

2 comments:

  1. Eli said he'll be able to sub for me in Hot Shots the three weeks I'm away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a page for Hot Spot. If you click on the HOT SPOT tab above (just below the banner), it will take you there. I'll post the weekly stat sheets for Hot Spot on that page. I scanned the Hot Spot league rules into the RULES page.

    ReplyDelete